aswim in knits

Thursday, May 12, 2005

A Very Harlot evening ...

Last night, I went to the Yarn Harlot bookbookbook signing at Willow Books in Acton with FemiKnit Mafia . Stacy and Katie were going to come with us, but couldn't make it at the last minute. We left our office at 5:30 and made it just a few minutes before 7:00. Mapquest said it would take 32 minutes -- yeah, right -- not in Boston traffic!

Stephanie was as funny as I had hoped! I love that she laughed at her own jokes -- adorable! I got to see her gorgeous FBS up close -- now I want to order up some of that Chai from ArtFibers!

Being somewhat shy*, I didn't talk to too many people ... but, I did recognize Kristen from her stripey BSCF sweater and chatted with her. I'm quite impressed that she has managed to get her fellow med students to hold her hanks of yarn while she winds balls ... in the middle of lectures!! I also sat next to Jena who I "know" from the Boston S'n'B yahoo group. I had no idea who she was, but she sat down next to me, both of us carrying our Booga Bags and making flower washcloths. What a coincidence!

I'll have some photos soon, once my designated photographer (i.e. FemiKnit Mafia) downloads them from her camera.

* Ok, those of you who know me might argue with this ... But, although I talk a lot with people I know, I'm outside my comfort zone at gatherings like this where I only know one or two people. I did talk to a few people and wished I had talked to more ... perhaps I'll meet some other bloggers and knitters at the MA Sheep and Wool later this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home