aswim in knits

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Must Have, or Has Been?

A loooong time ago, I started the Must Have Cardigan from the Paton's Street Smart brochure. I planned to make it for my mom. I joined a knit-along for it. I didn't finish it, and the knit-along died out. I joined another knit-along, and I still didn't finish it. In fact, I never even finished the first sleeve!

DSCN0014-2
Sleeve, unfinished.

The problem? I started the sleeve on bamboo circs. The straight needle here is just holding the stitches, as I used the circ for another project. I think I might really enjoy this pattern on an Addi, but it was just too sticky and hard to maneuver on a bamboo needle. Also, I started this a few months after I learned to knit, and I was knitting somewhat tightly. I've loosened up a little since then. (Ahem. For those of you who know me, I probably should amend that to read "My knitting has loosened up. I'm as tightly wound as ever!")

So, I have to decide what to do. My gut says to frog the whole sleeve, as my gauge will be off if I try to restart this on a different needle after so many months, and I'll be bothered through the rest of the sweater. I could start another sleeve on and Addi needle, using another ball of yarn, and compare the two before deciding to rip. What do you think???

1 Comments:

  • my vote is for starting another sleeve and seeing how it looks; if there's a way to compare without ripping what you've done so far I say go for it!

    (I'm a "process" knitter but I hate ripping things out when they're in progress! (instead I finish a sweater, try it on, decided I hate it and then rip it out!))

    By Blogger Kristen, at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home