aswim in knits

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Ugh!

32 It's hot out! According to weather.com, it's 89 degrees, and feels like 92. I'm still plodding away on the Little Star sweater. One sleeve has been attached, and side seam sewn, and I'll start the other one tonight. Then the neckband, and I'll be done. Hopefully, I can finish the sweater by the end of Thursday lunch knitting, and pick something else to start ...

I really want to start the Martha cardigan from Rowan 37.
D_PATT002361
I swatched in Paton's Grace and I liked the color and the yarn. So, I thought I'd also make a shell and have a nice twinset to wear to work. But, since I messed around with the sizing and gauge, I have no idea how much yarn I would need. I don't want to spend a ton of extra money and end up with a ton of extra yarn. So, I thought maybe I'd try the Shine yarn from Knitpicks, but I'm hesitant to buy something I've never handled before. So then I thought maybe I don't need it to be a twinset after all, but would just do the cardigan. Then, I thought I might like to use Cotton Fleece again since it has great colors and I love how it feels.

So, to make a long story short, I'm having fiber indecision. I'll need to think about this a little longer... In the meantime, I want to start a quick project until I figure things out. What should I do next?

- Make another Dulaan hat and use up some more stash (leftover lime green Lamb's Pride from a felted baby bag and leftover Kureyon #40 from my Klaralund)
- Start some socks with the Koigu I mentioned in May
- A scarf from the Recycled Silk I got at Cummington
- Make a tank top or a shirt for my 3 1/2 year old niece, Gracie, from some Bernat's Cotton Tots in a strawberry pink color.
- Heh, heh ... maybe I should just dig out and finish the Broad Ripple socks I started some months ago and get them off my WIP list ...

Help me decide what's next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home