... I'll trade you my ham and cheese for your fluffernutter.
Wait, not that kind of trade!
Instead, I'm offering up my well-dressed baby food jars in trade for ... well, other crafty stuff!
These jars are perfect for storing what my husband refers to as "crafty crap" -- pins, stitch markers, safety pins, sewing machine bobbins, cuts of ribbon, beads, thimbles, etc.
Here's how it will work -- send an email to aswiminknits at yahoo dot com
and tell me which one of the jars you would like.
Then, offer to give me something in exchange. If I am interested what you have to offer, it's a deal. I'll mail you a jar, you mail me [whatever we trade for].
If you want to attach a photo of whatever you are offering, even better!!!
Here's a list what I am most interested in swapping for right now. I know that some of these things are not necessarily things you'd want to swap away, but I'll throw the ideas out there anyways :) If you feel like what you are offering is worth two or more jars, then ask for two of them!
And, please do feel free to offer to swap things that are not on my list -- you never know what I might want!SEWING STUFF
- fabric scraps for patchworky stuff -- pieces of all reasonable sizes (like the ones in these Denyse Schmidt scrap bags)
- fabric yardage -- got something you don't plan to use, or a big chunk leftover from a project?
- fabric fat quarters (see a theme here?)
- thread for my sewing machine -- (I don't have a ton of colors, and sometimes just need to use a little bit, so partially used spools are ok too ...)
- ribbons or other embellishments
- patterns for making bags (like these Amy Butler ones, for example...)
- notions (snaps, hooks, bag handles, zippers, etc).
- embroidery floss (I use this to sew down buttons, so again, partial skeins are ok!)
- black wool yarn in worsted, aran, or bulky weight (not planning to felt it, so superwash is ok)
- Knitpicks's new circular needles (any size, just wanna try them...)
- sock yarn
- bulky wool or other animal fiber yarn (approx 3 sts/in, give or take, for charity knitting, hats mostly...)
- rubber stitch markers like these (small sizes are very good!)
- a mini Kacha Kacha counter!!! (regular sized red one is good too...)
In case you are curious what kind of fabric I like, I have eclectic taste. I like any of the Free Spirit
stuff, and anything in similar styles. I also like vintage or faux-vintage prints. Love stripes, esp multi-colored, and multi-width. And if they sell it at Repro Depot
, I'll probably drool over it! I like solids and semi-solids, too.
At the moment, I am particularly coveting prints and solids in sherbet-y shades of pink and orange, with colors like this
Here are some individual beauty shots of the jars I have to swap:
JAR #1 (white with dots) and JAR #2 (pink with dots)
JAR #3 (woodsy colors)
JAR #4 (pink and orange nearly squares checkerboard)
JAR #5 (pink and orange bullseyes)
JAR #6 (pink/orange/purple/white lotsa dots!)
JAR #7(purple, white, and pink marble swirls)
JAR #8 (pink and white marble checkerboard)
JAR #9, 10, 11 -- custom colors! I will make you a jar just like #1, 2, 6, or 7, in your choice of colors. Here's an example of a blue/green/purple one that I made and traded away to the Mafia
So, bloggy buddies, search your stashes for things to trade, and send me an email! I will be away from the computer all weekend (gasp!!), as I will be going on a quickie vacation, but I will get back to you next week.